Training & Certification
Making sure your staff is properly trained and up-to-date with all certifications is an ongoing challenge. We can help.
Flat Rock Homes has been serving families in Ohio for over 150 years. We recognize how important a Direct Support Professional’s (DSP’s) role is in helping people become more independent and lead active lives. Flat Rock will help ensure your staff has the skill sets and knowledge to optimally perform their jobs.
To do this, we offer a wide array of DSP training courses and certifications and have helped to train hundreds of DSP’s. We have a modern training facility right on our campus. Our classes are always small and hands-on with highly qualified trainers. We offer courses in Medication Administration and CPR/First Aid Training. You can train at our facility or we’ll even make arrangements to visit your location. Courses are competitively priced and a great value. If you have any questions, you can call Flat Rock Assistant Director of Nursing Angela Kennison at 419-217-2442 or 419-217-8360 email her at email@example.com
Please click on the course for more information and for class dates and costs.
Medication Administration Certification Courses:
*This course is a prerequisite that must be completed prior to Course 2 & 3*
In order to enroll in any course, the following paperwork must be submitted to Angie Kennison at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to Nursing at 419-483-2461 at least 1 week prior to the course date:
- A Completed DD Personnel MAIS Application
- Verification of age: All provider applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma/GED
- State Identification: Valid driver’s license or other government-issued photo identification
- Social Security Card: a copy is required to be submitted with your application
- A current report from the Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCII). (Please contact your local DODD County Board to see if they offer or can refer you to local organizations that offer BCII and FBI criminal background checks.)
- Valid American Red Cross or equivalent certification in First Aid
- Valid American Red Cross or equivalent certification in CPR
- Evidence of 8-hours training
- Evidence that you are currently employed by an agency provider. We currently are unable to provide certification for Independent Providers.
CPR/First Aid Training and Certification
**This is the requirement of Certification 1 Course Required by DODD**