Flat Rock Care Center Supervisor
This position reports directly to the QIDP. The Unit Supervisor supervises Direct Support Professionals (DSP’s) and must be able to perform all duties of a DSP (all shifts and positions) according to the DSP job description. Acts as a coordinator for the house assigned to ensure that all needs and programs for residents are prepared and implemented in dialogue with the QIDP and Interdisciplinary Team (IDS). Also acts as a shift supervisor on assigned shifts, with responsibility for supervision in all houses and with all staff. Ensures that all staff requirements are being met, and house operations are executed according to FRCC Policy and Procedures, the Direct Support policy manual and in compliance with all Medicaid and Licensure requirements. The work schedule includes supervisory hours, some of which will be assigned and others of which will be flexible. Other duties as assigned by the QIDP or Administrator may result in a variance of the Supervisory hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensures that the needs and programs of residents are met and attends to the following:
- Quarterly and annual residential reports are written and turned in to the QIDP by the date assigned by the Vice President for Program (Review for accuracy).
- IPP goals are written and annual direct care assessment completed to review and discuss with house staff prior to Annual Review meeting scheduled.
- Implement all IPP goals and programs, document all programs, and ensure active treatment.
- Be present or represented at all Annual Review meetings on residents.
- Act as liaison with parents, guardians, family members, etc.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and Interdisciplinary (IDS) Team.
Supervise Direct Care staff in House:
- Provide positive leadership in creation and supervision of House team
- Interact with staff and residents in a positive, professional mentoring manner as part of the key leadership team of Flat Rock Care Center in keeping with Flat Rock’s mission statement.
- Act as Shift Supervisor on assigned shifts. Give general oversight to the work in all houses on campus during the shift, including supervision of direct care staff on shift, daily assignment of Shift Supply Staff on their shift, providing leadership in crisis situations, assuring that appropriate paperwork from shift is completed and turned in to QIDP or Program area.
- In collaboration with other Program Team members and Human Resources staff, follow through with direct support applicants referred by Human Resource office; Interview, and make recommendations to HR Director and Program department regarding best candidate to hire in own house.
- Arrange regular staff coverage schedules and obtain coverage for staff calling off sick, or for emergencies or other needed coverage as these arise after Wed. of schedule week;
- Be responsible for completing schedule change form and submitting for payroll time keeping system.
- Document supervisory conferences and employee notes for discipline processes.
- Prepare employee evaluations on schedule, and participate in meetings with employees for evaluation purposes.
- Observe direct support professional on each shift to offer guidance, teach skills and answer questions.
- Handle substitute direct support professionals issues directly as they arise in assigned house. Send follow-up to direct Supervisor.
- Be knowledgeable and manage employees by policies, procedures and Employee Handbook.
- When necessary, issue discipline and participate in investigation processes.
- Supervise “sub” category workers as assigned.
Train new direct care staff within the assigned house and as needed across campus:
- Ongoing training responsibility with DSPs; assure that required annual training and certification are current for all staff under supervision.
Coordinate House Operations:
- Be responsible for the completion of all goals, charts, and reports to be submitted in a timely manner
- Prepare and lead house staff meetings and team meetings.
- See that all ordering of supplies, clothing, and food are done as needed with proper purchase orders, etc.
- Ensure the house is clean, sanitary, and in good repair.
- Know how to handle emergency situations and be able to work alone.
Attend all required in-services and training sessions.
Perform all the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
High school diploma or equivalent. All qualifications of Direct Support Professional positions. Supervisory and organizational skills. Professional and positive mentoring skills in the management of people. High job evaluation in work performance. Knowledge of IPP development and goal writing skills. Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s license and meet insurance standards. Must have a favorable background check.
Are you fully COVID-19 vaccinated? Employees must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated in order to be eligible for this position and provide proof during the onboarding process.
We are a faith-based organization however we do not discriminate on the basis of someone's religion or lack of religion. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-Time