Legacy Giving Opportunities
Have you considered giving a Legacy Gift to Flat Rock Homes? A legacy gift is a significant donation given at one time, over an extended time period or as part of one's estate.
From Flat Rock's beginning in 1866, legacy gifts have provided a stable and enduring foundation for Flat Rock Homes. Today, your gifts are still vital to this ministry.
Your gifts can impact today and tomorrow at Flat Rock Homes, Care Center, and Community Services.
Click here to download a checklist of 30 essential documents you'll need to get set up.
October is National ‘Write a Will’ month!
Below are samples of Bequest language to consider for estate documents. There are many options, including the two below (leaving a specific amount or a percentage of your estate). If you have questions, please speak with your attorney or call Jill Kinser, Flat Rock Legacy Giving Specialist, at 567-228-7408 for more details.
Specific Dollar Amount bequest:
I hereby give, devise and bequeath ___and NO/100dollars($DOLLARS) to Flat Rock Homes, a nonprofit organization located at 7353 County Rd.29, Flat Rock, OH 44828,
Federal Tax ID #34- 4433997, for Flat Rock Homes' general use and purpose.
Percentage bequest sample:
I hereby give, devise and bequeath __percent (__%) of my total estate, determined as of the date of my death, to Flat Rock Homes, a nonprofit organization located at 7353 County Rd.29, Flat Rock, OH 44828,
Federal Tax ID #34-4433997, for Flat Rock Homes' general use and purpose.
Gifts that impact Flat Rock TODAY include:
- Gifts of cash
- Appreciated stocks, bonds, and mutual funds (held longer than one year).
- IRA distribution: If you are 70 1/2 or older, you can transfer up to $100,000 each year directly from your IRA to a charity (a Qualified Charitable Distribution) and not include it as income.
- Donor-Advised Funds: Designate a gift from your DAF to benefit Flat Rock.
- Life Insurance: Donate a policy and receive a deduction while making a substantial gift.
- Charitable Gift Annuities: CGAs provide both a gift to Flat Rock and a fixed income for life.
Gifts that impact Flat Rock tomorrow include:
- A simple bequest in your Will or Trust can leave a specific dollar amount, an asset or a percentage of your estate to Flat Rock
- You can name Flat Rock Homes as a percentage or sole beneficiary to an IRA or other retirement plans.
A little bit of effort can make a huge impact on the individuals receiving care at Flat Rock.
If you have questions or would like samples of basic bequest language, please contact:
Jill Kinser, Legacy Giving Specialist at Flat Rock Homes or call the office at 419-483-7330 ext. 1126 or her cell at 567-228-7408
In order to make a bequest, speak with your attorney about including Flat Rock in your estate plan. Consult your financial professional regarding the gift options above.
Information for Legacy Gifts
Please fill out this form if you would like us to contact you about your lasting impact at Flat Rock Homes.
Legacy Giving Form
"*" indicates required fields